Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taobaonow and Taobaobuying Comparison

A truncated review of Taobaonow and Taobaobuying shopping services. Read the full thing here

Taobaonow:


Packed very neatly, arrived safely and soundly
Communication 5/5: Excellent, you can leave comments and questions on your order page and they will respond within 24-48 hours depending on when you ask.
Ordering 5/5The shopping cart system is great, it is functional, intuitive, and allows you to specify your measurements and colors
Shipping 5/5 You are given 4 different shipping options, from China airmail, hong kong airmail (small parcel), hong kong airmail, and EMS. You also receive a discount on Ems so shipping for 1kg is between 30-40$

Taobaobuying


For a blouse and a magically appearing bag, this took approximately three weeks.
Communications 5/5 Popeye was great with keeping up communications and I'm really grateful he was able to get my bag in the end (even though unfortunately I probably have to sell it)
Ordering:4.5/5Not quite as polished as Taobaonow's system, but still, it works and I was able to specify everything about my order. The measurements I gave translated into a perfectly fitting blouse.
Shipping 4.5/5 For speed, 5/5 because I got it very quickly through EMS. But I was a little worried as it came wrapped in an an tai na shoebox, and shoeboxes sometimes don't hold up well during transit. Still, I received everything in perfect condition and they were wrapped protectively inside. I got a cute towel ice cream cone as a gift too. Discounted EMS came out to about 30$ for 1kg


The Bottom line?: Both are equally fine shopping services for taobao. Personally, I think I prefer taobaonow because of their streamlined web system. However, if you prefer email correspondence or perhaps have very particular specifications, taobaobuying/popeye have great customer service and are very attentive.

2 comments:

  1. what about taobao focus (http://taobaofocus.com)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I really like what you've purchased.

    I would vouch for http://www.chinabuy.com.au and they don't charge a service fee if you're in Australia.

    ReplyDelete