Sunday, November 7, 2010

Off Brand Wishlist



It's getting cold and so longer JSK styles are appealing to me more. Especially these gorgeous pieces from the taobao shop R-Series. As they cost about 700 RMB, which is about 110 USD, they aren't cheap. Largely what I've found in buying offbrand lolita, especially from taobao, is that you get what you pay for, but up to a certain threshold (the threshold being the total price versus it's quality) and then past that threshold would be paying essentially for a brand name. Take the SS AP shoes for example. Cheaper tea parties probably have worse quality than the more expensive replicas that are essentially the same AP shoes. But the real AP shoes are obviously way more expensive. I find the same rule applies to a lot of offbrand dresses and blouses.



So I'm far from put off by the price tag. After all, 110USD (before shipping, SS fees) is a little less than half the price for a brand (non print) JSK.


This new floral one went up recently I believe (since I've been stalking their store all month) and I'm really digging both colorways. But I might go for the yellow in the end because I already have too much red tones in my wardrobe, haha.

Not to mention once December rolls around the the holidays start, a lot of shopping services get really tied up and there are delays everywhere. If I need something custom made, I don't want to get my winter style items in early March (though I don't think it's that extreme... probably).

What should I doooooo

tl;dr dresses, man. Dresses.

11 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely dress, if it were cheaper I'd be really surprised! Perhaps if you buy it RIGHT NOW it might come in by December... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their dresses! Just order and hope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really starting to favour longer dresses too and I love the two dresses you posted. ♥

    I don't know about the price though. In my experience with taobao, sometimes the quality is better on the more expensive items, but I haven't bought from this brand, so I don't know about their quality.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it now, it may seem impulsive, but it looks like its totally worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both dresses, but being so short I don't think I look good in the longer styles. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow are you looking at the prices from Qutieland? Or is R-Series really that expensive?

    In my experience, tea party shoes are really crappy quality especially when compared to mainstream shoes. I can pay $20 for a pair of really nice shoes from Ross or Nordstrom Rack and they'll be more comfy and long-lasting than tea parties that are frankly made with what looks like cardboard :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ada nope, that's the raw conversion from taobao itself. I'd never order from qutieland, because of their ridiculous markup. And yeah I've never worn teaparties (Since its mostly a sweet style), just read other people's reviews about the shoes from different places

    ReplyDelete
  8. R-Series make the prettiest classic dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking of going into lolita and building my wardrobe with Taobao since it's cheap but better than Bodyline.

    R-Series was one of the stores that really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HNNGGGH, DAT DRESS. I obviously don't check R-Series enough! Too bad it's autumn/winter in the northern hemisphere. It looks like it's made of thicker material hence the heftier price tag.

    ReplyDelete