Thursday, October 21, 2010
Farmer's Market Flowers + Pet peeve challenge
I bought these to liven up my room a couple days ago, 3$ bunch of mixed flowers. Very pretty, about mid week I took them out of the water and hung them upside down. I'll get some more this weekend I think, and try to accumulate a dried flower collection. For some reason, I like dried flowers just as much as live ones. There is something touching about the curled up preservation of them.
In lolita related news, Lolita in Secret's Pet peeve challenge.
1. When a print or item comes up on a secondhand auction site and you've been wanting it forever (or for a day) ... but you get outbid, or just don't have the funds.
2. The omnipresent paranoia of ruining my clothes.
3. Messy photo backgrounds. I will be the first to admit that my room, 9 times out of 10, looks like a hurricane passed through. But if I'm going to take a picture of myself and put it up for people to see, I take the extra 10 minutes to clear out a space for the shot.
4. Pink. Nothing against the colour, but the fact that I look really, really bad in it. Curse my midtone asian skin.
5. Bows. Not regular sized decorative bows, or even OTT head eating ones (I think they are quite cute). But the bows on a JSK or OP that just ruin it. Like, it would look so much better if it weren't for those damn bows that definitely aren't detachable. Sigh.
And there are my personal pet peeves. Most of all of them are avoided by selective shopping and really they are just trivial things.
I do wish I looked better in pink, all things considered