Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sacred Night by Lief Review

My first lolita arrival of 2011, Lief's Sacred Night in black, showed up today! (Meanwhile, my 2 other R series JSKs are on their way... but that's not what this is about)

First off, I got the black JSK in S/M.
Construction:
  • The velvet is very soft
  • Lined about halfway down
  • Straps are spaced correctly
  • Includes waist tie and detachable bow with pin
  • The print is a very tasteful gold, not crazy glittery, but shows up crisp
  • The zipper is a little uncooperative going up.
  • I'm 5'5" (165cm) tall and it falls halfway between my knees and my ankle I'd say.
  • Official Measurements: bust: 86~96cm; I am only 84cm, but the shirring isn't bulky
Customer Service:
  • Invoiced with no issues
  • No notice of shipping, albeit that is standard procedure for Lief (I ordered the Aster Cafe before).
  • English rep is very considerate, informative, and accommodating (I switched my colorway after they notified us the colors became solid)
Detail Shots:




Overall: Lief is my favorite indie brand and I'm pretty glad I passed up the Regimental series for Sacred night. It's really warm too, naturally as the whole thing is velvet.

12 comments:

  1. Very nice. Looks Ukrainian or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does have quite a nice little flare to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo soooo gorgeeoussss *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lief piece! It's a bit too long for my tastes, but I love velvet with gold printings <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, beautiful! Frankly I love velvet dresses for the winter~
    The print is absolutely gorgeous on this too! Love the black and gold~ Congrats on getting it~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jelly ;-; I love the length and the print and the beautifulnesssssss. It seems a lot better in construction compared to their older releases, which is great. I wish the long JSK could be short enough for me to wear... "orz

    ReplyDelete
  7. >.< I'm gonna sound like a newbie but where can I get this?? Its perfect! I love the color and print, not to mention the length (religious issues)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Amadeth13 You might want to keep an eye out on
    http://community.livejournal.com/egl_comm_sales/

    or the lief lj

    http://community.livejournal.com/lief_lj/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they did a better job with this than with Regimental Stripes in terms of construction. I just got mine yesterday and I'm still fawning over it. I got the beige x black one but I totally adore the gold on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is really stunning ... Do you know if it's still possible to order ? I don't know what's the price, where i can buy or other :s

    ReplyDelete