Saturday, April 16, 2011

Red Bean 'Brownie' Recipe



Ingredients:
16 oz. sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour works too, its what I used)
1 can of Red Bean Paste
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of sugar (to taste though)
2 cups of milk
Option: nuts

Directions:
Mix all the dry ingredients first, and then add the can of red bean paste. Stir, and then gradually (by 1/2 cupfuls) add the milk until everything is wet. The batter should be very stiff though. Here's a semi helpful picture of the batter:



You can add nuts, I added some crushed hazelnuts because they were on hand. Pour into a 9" square greased baking pan and bake at 375 for about 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool. Then cut up and eat!

Credited to my mom ;D

This isn't a real brownie / anything that remotely resembles a cake, as you can tell from the picture. It's closer to 'mochi' or dduk, in korean aka, sweet rice cake, mixed with sweet red beans. AND it's gluten free! Very chewy and delicious.

9 comments:

  1. There's a yogurt place near where I work that has mochi bits as a topping. I keep wanting to try them, but I have no idea what the texture is like. They always look so fluffy and delicious! I may have to try and make some of these tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red bean mochi the best so I bet this is delicious! I'm going to have to try this out. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo I love red beeeeans and mochiiii and this recipe looks SO EASYYYY

    Thank you for writing it down :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try this when I get home! It looks really yummy, thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks really good! thanks for the recipe, I will have to try this out 8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe is really simple,healthy and fun to make.Even perfect when you are in a hurry to make dessert to put on the table for guests.I`m sure browni lover loves this idea 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can i use coconut milk instead of milk?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can i use coconut milk instead of milk?

    ReplyDelete