Saturday, August 21, 2010

St. Mephisto Cathedrale Print

So this reserve is long gone, but that doesn't mean we can't wish it weren't. I've been really busy in between my move and becoming a mad interior decorator (not a very good one mind) but Baby's / AatP cathedral print is something I wanted to post about. In the black OP, with a all over pattern cross motif, it comes across as a very sweetxgothic print. Other brands have done cathdrals, perhaps most famously Moitie.

But if one isn't quite gothic enough to wear Moitie, Baby's take on it is a nice, softer alternative. The design itself is balanced out with book and musical score motifs. I have to admit the iris colorway is very striking, and unsurprisingly completely sold out. It's a more mature take on lavender colorways in sweet lolita, creating a more jewel tone hue than pastel. It also complements the color of the print. In ivory, the print disappears and the pink is a little too harsh. Definitely black and iris will be the most popular colorways.

In a perfect world I would have... the iris JSK, despite not having anything in that tone in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment