Friday, May 13, 2011

Food, food, and more food



Our 2nd placing entry in the student iron chef contest~! We were sooo close, but like last year, we lost to the group of asian girls. Curses. In addition to the spiral chicken we made cucumber salad (which failed because they gave us american cucumbers, not the seedless english cucumbers we needed) and ginger sweet potatoes (which looked delicious and I never got to taste any, sadly). The prize was santoku chef knives, which is pretty handy, if we didn't already have so many knives. But then again, you can never have too many.

Also sorry for the lack of updates. I've been stupidly busy doing absolutely nothing since I started break. Well, not absolutely nothing... I am swiftly making my way through the books in the Song of Ice and Fire series as well as eating myself to death at my parent's, right before I have to return to my university to begin working in the lab as a slave / unpaid intern. Such is the life.

Summer is upon us, in this particular hemisphere. What are you summer plans?

1 comment:

  1. The food looks delicious! Not a big fan of salad, but I would totally have gone for the ginger sweet potatoes! Congrats on getting 2nd place though C:

    My summer plans are working so I can move out, take a summer class, go to a few anime conventions, and attend a lot of meet ups!

    ReplyDelete